Rahul Pangam is the Co-Founder and CEO of Simility, a fraud prevention and risk management platform. The platform protects enterprise clients and SMBs from fraud and helps fraud analysts adapt and detect fraud tactics—without having to write code. In 2018, Simility was acquired by PayPal with Rahul becoming the VP Risk Strategy at PayPal.
He holds an MBA from the University of Michigan as well as an M.S in electrical engineering from Clemson University.
Rahul Pangam started his career as a lead engineer at General Electric, working on GE’s smart grid software products.
Before launching Simility, Rahul was a director at Google, where he led a global team of 200 that reduced ad fraud by 90 percent. A fraud-detection industry veteran, he spent over six years at Google, building teams responsible for combating fraud and abuse in Google’s ads, local and social products.
In 2014, Rahul Pangam along with Kedar Samant and Uttam Phalnikar built Simility to address the issue of online frauds and built software to detect them in the e-commerce and financial services domains. The company has seen impressive global adoption. Their clients include enterprise customers in financial services, retail, and payments; from a leading e-commerce platform in Africa (Jumia) to global Fortune 500 financial services organisations and some of the top 50 banks in the United States. In 2017, it secured $17.5 million in Accel-led series-B funding to fuel its expansion plans.
Simility was acquired by PayPal for $120 million in June 2018. At the time of acquisition, it was valued at $53 million and was on-boarded as a partner to build different risk management capabilities for different needs and requirements of the fintech giant’s merchants.
· Received 12th Annual Info Security Product Guide Global Excellence Awards, 2016.
· Composed Characterization of Nonlinear Loads Based on Harmonic Distortion in August 2000.
Rahul Pangam, Co-Founder and CEO of Simility, talks about his early days working at Google and how he started off with a focus on building solutions for e-commerce companies, which became interesting enough to pique the interest of larger banks as well as Paypal with Anand Daniel, partner at Accel, in the INSIGHTS series podcast.
You can listen to the episode here - INSIGHTS #29 — Simility’s Rahul Pangam on building a $120M company in just 4 years | by Anand Daniel | Accel India Insights is now SeedToScale Insights | Medium
“In an entrepreneur’s life cycle, the highs can be really high, and the lows can be super low.”
· Rahul Pangam, Co-founder and CEO of Simility
· Rahul Pangam - Crunchbase Person Profile
· (66) Rahul Pangam | LinkedIn
· Simility raises Rs 113-crore in Accel-led Series B round - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)
· Articles by Rahul Pangam | CSO Online
· Simility Secures $17.5M in Latest Funding as Company Experiences Explosive Growth : Simility
· Simility - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
· Simility Recognized as Startup of the Year by Info Security Products Guide : Simility
· Stream episode Episode 245 with Rahul Pangam by Building The Future Radio & TV Show podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud