Sudheer Koneru is the Founder and CEO at Zenoti, a provider of cloud-based software for the spa and salon industries. He has also co-founded Latitudes Health Club and Tangerine Spas, a chain of fitness centres, spas, and salons, in Hyderabad with his brother, Dheeraj Koneru.
He holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras and a master’s in computer science from The University of Texas at Austin.
Sudheer started his career with Microsoft in Seattle and gained vast experience as an engineer and at the corporate level for about 8 years with the company. After gaining sufficient knowledge, he became the CEO at Intelliprep, a provider of high-quality teaching & study tools to the educational community which later merged with Click2learn Inc, making Sudheer the COO of the company. Later on, he also went on to work for SumTotal Systems, a software company that provides human resource management software and services.
Later, with his brother Dheeraj, he co-founded Latitudes Health Club and Tangerine Spas, a chain of fitness centers, spas, and salons, in Hyderabad. In 2010, after realizing the loopholes in the health and fitness industry, Sudheer founded ManageMySpa, a cloud-based solution that addresses the needs of spas, salons, medical spas, yoga studios and other service businesses in the beauty and wellness industry. In 2015, ManageMySpa was renamed Zenoti.
The startup currently serves in more than 50 countries supporting 1,000 spa and salon brands and powers more than 12,000 businesses. Estimated annual bookings through Zenoti are approximately 76 million. Their mission is to make Zenoti the leading enterprise software solution for the wellness industry globally. In 2020, Zenoti entered the unicorn club.
· 2015 - Series A funding of $6 Million from Accel.
· 2016 - Series B funding of $15 Million from Norwest Venture Partners.
· 2019 - Series C funding of $50 Million from Tiger Global Management.
· 2019 - Venture Round of $20 Million from Steadview Capital.
· 2020 - Series D funding of $160 Million from Advent International and TPG.
· Received Best Technology Award for Spas & Salons from Indian Salon Congress, 2013.
· Received Innovation in Business Intelligence Award from EDGE, 2014.
· Received Best Technology Award for Spas & Salons from Indian Salon Congress, 2015.
· Received Best Technology Supplier for Salon/Spa Award in India’s 5th Annual Indian Salon and Wellness Congress, 2016.
· Received Best Technology Supplier for Salon/Spa Award in Indian salon and wellness awards, 2019.
· Received Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ from Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, 2019.
Sudheer Koneru, CEO and Founder of Zenoti, shares a glimpse of his startup journey - skillsets he brought from his previous experiences, new challenges that he was not prepared for, and milestones that marked his journey with Anand Daniel, partner at Accel, in the INSIGHTS series podcast.
You can listen to the episode here - INSIGHTS #52 - Scaling your SaaS Startup with Sudheer Koneru and Anand Jain | SEED TO SCALE Podcast Series by Accel (insightspodcast.in)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
· Sudheer Koneru, CEO and Founder of Zenoti
· Interview with Sudheer Koneru, Founder and CEO at Zenoti
· Forbes India - Hair & Handsome: The Story Behind The World's First Salon And Spa Unicorn, Zenoti
· Sudheer Koneru - Co-Founder and CEO @ Zenoti - Crunchbase Person Profile
· Zenoti acquires SuperSalon, sets aside over $100 million for acquisitions - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)
· Zenoti enters unicorn club with $160 million fundraise (livemint.com)