Ashish Hemrajani is the CEO and Co-founder of BookMyShow, India's number 1 online ticket booking platform for concerts, movies, plays, sports and live events. In 1999, he launched Bigtree Entertainment, the parent company which owns BookMyShow.
He pursued his graduation from Mithibai College, Mumbai. He also holds an MBA in Marketing from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics.
Career Growth & Startup Journey
Ashish Hemrajani started his career working with the J. Walter Thompson company. He was responsible for account and client management at the company.
In 1999, Ashish founded a company Bigtree Entertainment, India's premier comprehensive entertainment ticketing applications and analysis solutions provider. The company later launched its portal BookMyShow for booking tickets online.
BookMyShow also had a feature to buy tickets of sports matches like IPL, ISL, etc. The company has expanded its ventures in foreign countries as well. In 2017, BookMyShow made a deal with PVR worth Rs 1000 crore to sell unsold tickets online, which benefitted them by increasing profits and reach. The company now employs over 400 people across offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore.
Ashish Hemrajani’s net worth is estimated at Rs.3000 Crore as of 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Received the prestigious BW Applause Person of The Year Award in 2019 in the 2nd edition of the award ceremony conducted at the Eros Hotel, New Delhi.
- Received "Executive of the Year 2018" at The Ticketing Business Awards held at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, England.
- ‘The Hottest Company of the Year-2011-12' and 'The Company to watch out for' at the prestigious CNBC Young Turks Award.
- ‘Best Omni-Channel Customer Experience Brand’ at the OneDirect Quest Customer Experience (QuestCX) Awards.
- Became official ticketing partner for Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors, and Rajasthan Royals in IPL.
- Became the exclusive ticketing partner for the Formula 1 race in India.
- August 1, 2017 – nFusion - nFusion is an HD video-on-demand platform.
- July 4, 2017 - burrp! - burrp a social lifestyle portal that helps users make leisure-related decisions based on the Indian metropolitan market.
- January 24, 2017 – MastiTickets - MastiTickets provides BookMyShow access to 120 screens.
- March 10, 2016 – Fantain - Fan Engagement and insights for Sports teams and leagues
- February 11, 2015 – Eventifier - Eventifier aggregates and creates archives of social media content from conferences.
Ashish Hemrajani, Co-Founder and CEO of BookMyShow, recaps his journey from founding the company in 1999 all the way to 2018 and the various phases of the business ups and downs he has seen over this time period with Accel Partner Anand Daniel on the #INSIGHTSPodcast2019 series.
You can listen to the episode here -BookMyShow journey from 1999 to 2018 | SeedToScale
“I never let emotions override my intellect. The intent is important, not the action. And it is the intent that drives me.”
Couldn’t find anything to read?
/Load a random article
/Explore all articles