Accel has powered the journey of new-age marketplaces in India since as early as 2009, when it participated in Flipkart’s seed round. In the years since then, these marketplaces have become a key driver to India’s growth story. Many are now large organizations, adding significant value as they generate jobs, create wealth and give birth to new tech solutions.
Today, marketplaces comprise more than one-third of startups in India classified as unicorns. At Accel, we’ve supported ten of these unicorns, and another eight startups which are poised to join them as well.
We’re looking for the next generation of successful Indian marketplaces. Companies who will redefine how we buy and sell goods and services for years to come. If you’re a founder reading this - will one of these companies be yours?
The #Decoding-Marketplaces Startup Hunt
When we first discussed what you see as Decoding Marketplaces, our objective was to share our founders’ learnings, and our experience in supporting them into one comprehensive content series; to serve as institutional knowledge for the next generation of marketplace founders.
We later came to the conclusion that if our content was going to be comprehensive, our support should be as well. And so, the Decoding Marketplaces Startup Hunt is here.
Over the next three weeks, we’re looking to meet founders building the next generation of marketplace startups. Our objective now is to support these founders with our experience and access to the Accel network, as well as the opportunity to pitch their startup to a large audience of India's most notable marketplace leaders and investors.
If you’re an early-stage founder building India’s next big marketplace, and have raised <$2mn in funding, we’re here to support your vision. Here’s how you can apply:
1. Submit entries to us via this form by November 21st, 2022
2. Once we have all your information, the Accel jury will handpick ten high-potential startups each from the B2B and B2C marketplace segments
3. Accel leadership will then interview these 20 startups, digging deeper into the business model, financials, and plans
4. We will pick the two top contenders in each B2B and B2C segment for a chance to present at the #DecodingMarketplaces Summit in Bangalore on December 1, 2022
5. All 20 finalists will also receive invites to attend the summit
Of course, our support doesn’t end here. If your startup is selected to present, you will also have access to the following perks: